Sunday, January 31, 2021

#52Ancestors - Week 4 FAVORITE PHOTO

This was a fun yet difficult challenge.  How do you pick a favorite photo?  I am using my husband's favorite and one of my favorites.

This is a picture of my grandfather, Henry Hudson Webb, while serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Swiss-Germany mission.  He left a new wife in Utah in October 1928 and returned home in February 1931.  Using Google translate, it appears they are in front of a church building and possibly a church distribution store.  I also need to upload this into FamilySearch and see if I can possibly find out who these other two men are and share it on their pages.  


What's hard to wrap my brain around is this photo is almost 100 years old and yet I knew my grandfather very well.  Which really means that I am getting old and my baby pictures are now considered antiques.

This next one is my husband's favorite and I can see why. This was in 2009.  We were together as a family for the first time in four years.  My oldest son (in the middle) left for a two-year church mission in 2005.  My middle son (on the right) left for his mission in 2007, three weeks before the first returned home.  This photo is at the airport in 2009 when he returned home.  Twenty-one years later it still brings me great joy when on rare occasions we are able to be all together.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment